Whip out your can openers and make a little room in your stomach, because I’ve collected a semi-ridiculous amount of pumpkin recipes for you to try- 35, to be exact. The first hint of fall and those tiny cans of pumpkin start flying off the shelf!
But first- is it me or do the non-Libby’s brand impostor cans not taste as good? I made some muffins the other week that I know I loved last year, and they were just not good. The can of pumpkin smelled funny so that’s what I’m blaming it on.
I’m still having trouble getting into the fall spirit, or should I say the weather is having a tough time getting into the fall spirit. Recently I laid out by the pool like it was summer! But if I stay indoors, light my Sweater Weather candle from Bath & Body Works, and bake exclusively with pumpkin I can make it work.
I’ve split these into sweet and savory categories, but you can tell where my allegiance lies because it looks a little heavy on the sweet side. And it seems like I’m not alone, because the sweet definitely outnumber the savory recipes out there.
- Brown Butter Nutella-Stuffed Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: Brown butter? Nutella?? The pumpkin is no longer the star of the show in these cookies, but anything with brown butter has me sold. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
- Pumpkin French Toast Bake: Not only is french toast amazing, french toast bakes are even better because you can make breakfast for the week all at once! (via Minimalist Baker)
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte with Salted Pumpkin Spice Syrup: (via Oh She Glows) You’re probably going to want a pumpkin spice latte at least once this season, so save yourself the sugar bomb that is the Starbucks PSL and try this homemade version.
- Pumpkin Bites with Maple Glaze: (via Pinch of Yum) I’m thinking these would be the perfect afternoon dessert for when that sweet tooth hits after lunch. Tiny enough to be cute and practical.
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Snack Cake with Maple Cream Cheese: (via The Nutritious Kitchen) Little Debbie seems to have the market on snack cakes, but if you’re reading a post of 35 pumpkin recipes I’m going to take a guess that you probably don’t buy too many boxes of those. Plus, that maple cream cheese filling probably makes these taste like a fresh baked pumpkin pie.
- Single-Serving Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie: Single-serving recipes are the bomb! Sometimes I don’t need 24 cupcakes at my disposal, especially when chocolate and caramel are involved. (via Yeah… ImmaEatThat)
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Larabars: Larabars are the best on the go healthy snack, so naturally a pumpkin version was required, you know, for seasonal travel. Perfect Thanksgiving flight snack! (via Eating Bird Food)
- Pumpkin Tiramisu: (via Foodiecrush) All you pumpkin spice latte lovers looking to get your fix another way look no further!
- Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow: When I first became aware of puppy chow back in like, middle school I thought it was amazing. It’s not a cake, not a cookie, not like any other treat! Plus it’s easy enough for a kid to make. (via Gimme Some Oven)
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl: (via Hummusapien) Smoothies kind of take a backseat during the fall/winter seasons, but you can revive them with this pumpkin version!
- 90-Second Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Quinoa: (via Simply Quinoa) Quinoa for breakfast? To me quinoa is more of a savory food and since pumpkin can take on either a savory or sweet profile it must be in the spices. If anyone can do it, it’s Simply Quinoa.
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Soft Pretzels: When I was younger Sam’s Club cinnamon sugar soft pretzels were my jam! I loved getting them whenever I could. This pumpkin version may be the perfect excuse to reignite that love. Homemade of course. (via Creme de la Crumb)
- High Protein Pumpkin Mousse: This one goes out to all you “but how do you get enough protein on a vegetarian diet” people. (via Eat Good 4 Life)
- Ginger Macarons with Pumpkin Bourbon Buttercream: So many flavors! You’ll surely earn the “best host” award if you make these for a party because from what I’ve heard macarons can sometimes be a challenge. (via Eats Well With Others)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread Pudding: Bread pudding is already an amazing comfort food during the colder months, so why not throw in some pumpkin for good measure? (via The Kitchy Kitchen)
- Maple Pumpkin Scones with Maple Glaze: In case the Trader Joe’s “just add water” scones don’t do it for ya here’s a from scratch version that’s sure to please. (via Well Plated by Erin)
- Jumbo Pumpkin Spice Caramel Cups: Reese’s pumpkins are possibly the best candy at this time of year, so why not try your hand at a new twist of a classic. (via Blissful Basil)
- Pumpkin Spiced Baked Donuts: I made these over the weekend, and they were top notch! Except you might only want to make them if you’ve got a lot of hungry friends because mine didn’t keep well overnight. (via Top With Cinnamon)
- Marble Pumpkin Brownies: Art and a delicious treat in one! (via A Beautiful Mess)
- 20 Minute Pumpkin Butter: A spread fit for toast, bagels, waffles, or whatever else you want to put pumpkin butter on. (via Minimalist Baker)
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Fudge: I was almost finished with this list and realized something… There was no fudge!! It might be because I’m writing this in the mountains, but fudge is a fall staple. (via Crazy for Crust)
- Pumpkin Roll: Pumpkin rolls always seem to pop up in the fall dessert section of cookbooks; however, I don’t think I’ve ever had one. (via Gimme Some Oven)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed Dates: Dates are trendy, pumpkins are really trendy, so they’re like the perfect pair! What kind of blogger would I be if I didn’t include at least one of my recipes? (via A Side of Comfort)
- Pumpkin Beer Biscuits: I’m not a huge beer fan, but I could maybe get behind some if it’s turned into biscuits. Seems far enough removed. (via How Sweet It Is)
- Zucchini Pasta with Roasted Pumpkin Sauce: Take your zoodles past summer and bring some new life to them with a creamy pumpkin sauce. (via Nutrition Stripped)
- Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo: Fettuccine Alfredo is an absolute favorite in my family, which makes me a little nervous to mess with perfection, but if you’re feeling adventurous give this a go. (via Cookie and Kate)
- Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers: Black bean burgers are one of my favorite foods, so this is a must try for me!! (via Back to Her Roots)
- Two Ingredient Fresh Pumpkin Pasta: Have you ever made pasta from scratch? As many difficult recipes I like to try I’ve never made pasta, but this one looks easy enough to pull off! (via Back to Her Roots)
- Pumpkin Cornbread: Cornbread is just amazing, so I know this is going to be good! (via The Healthy Maven)
- Pumpkin Sage Baked Ziti: Cheesy pasta bake + pumpkin? Yes please! (via Oh My Veggies)
- Pumpkin Apple Harvest Rice: Here’s an unpredictable pairing- apple and rice. Very much unlike anything I’ve ever seen. (via Healthy Happy Life)
- Pumpkin Hummus Quesadillas: Hummus grilled cheese is super tasty, and since a quesadilla is like the long lost cousin of grilled cheese the combo will be just as delicious. (via Love and Lemons)
- Chickpea Pumpkin Coconut Curry: Go for a new cuisine entirely with this one! (via Emilie Eats)
- Pumpkin Spice Whiskey Cocktails: Not sure if a drink counts as savory, but I’ve decided that for the purpose of this post it does. (via Dishing Up the Dirt)
- Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup: If you’ve never had any kind of creamy soup made with winter squash you’re definitely missing out! (via Cookie and Kate)
If this wasn’t quite enough for you, I also have a Pinterest board dedicated to all things pumpkin! There will be a part two of this post coming soon featuring lots more fall themed recipes, this time sans-pumpkin.