It’s not quite what I would consider fall-weather here in the Bay Area yet, but I can’t get enough of tea at the moment. I’ve been trying to find the perfect chai latte since I moved here, and I’d just about given up on finding it when I remembered an old video.
By some chance, a video from 2014 has stuck in my mind for two years now. One of my favorite bloggers/Youtubers Estée Lalonde created an Autumn Evening Routine that featured a DIY vanilla chai tea latte recipe and clearly it left an impression. Good job Estée 👍
You may need to stock up on a few spices before whipping this up, but it’s worth it!
Estée’s Vanilla Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 peppercorns
- 2 cardamom seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 English Breakfast tea bags
- 1 tbs brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- Add water, peppercorns, cardamom, ginger, and nutmeg to a pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes. (The longer you boil, the stronger the flavor!)
- Turn the stove off and stir in the tea bags, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Let the mixture steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Add milk and stir.
- Strain into your mug of choice and enjoy!